1. Discussion Forum > 
  2. The Water Cooler
@budgetfashionista

Any luck with refurbished products?

Hey all,

I'm curious if anyone has had a really awesome experience with a refurbished product? I recently bought a refurbished MacBook Pro on Tanga, and it's just OK. It acts like an old laptop instead of a new one, which is disappointing.

Thinking back, I don't think I've ever been super happy with a refurbished product. Is it just me?

Catherine

@JaredLero
Jared Lero

Catherine Brock Uh, sad to hear that.

I bought a refurbished xbox one like a year ago, and it is still working perfectly fine. Bought it on Amazon.

@angiesue43

Catherine Brock I bought a refurbished MacBook Pro from Amazon and so far I've been pretty happy with it. Compared to my MacBook Air, it takes a bit longer to start up, but otherwise seems to work fine. I ended up giving it to my son and he uses it for making Power Point presentations and writing essays for school,

@budgetfashionista

Angie Bailey Thanks Angie for the feedback. Maybe I'm just unlucky :). I'm thinking about replacing the hard drive with a solid state drive, which should help. I guess after that upgrade, I've still spent less than buying a new one, which is something.

@emiliojose18

Catherine Brock I never liked refurbished stuffs, no matter how many certificates it has, it will never be the same. I had an awful experience with a refurbished phone and it was...ugh. No worth (in my opinion).

@budgetfashionista

Emilio Ramirez Hey Emilio, thanks for sharing. I'm sorry your phone didn't work out. I think I'm with you -- I'll just avoid the refurbished stuff from now on. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

@emiliojose18

Catherine Brock Exactly, prefer spending a bit more of money but I will be sure that I will get a longer warranty and something that just came from the official store and probably will have less chance to die LOL.