1. Discussion Forum › 
  2. Bug Reports

Dealspotr wish list: What features or improvements would you like to see on Dealspotr?

What is the one thing you'd like to see on Dealspotr in the future? Leave your wishes in a comment below!

susan

Emily Hi, I would like to be able to use UK £ as an option on deals I post alongside US $.

Emily Helwig

susan Perfect! I've submitted this to our engineers.

Anitra Elmore

Emily I'd like to see a more prominent link to the Forum--I was only able to find it in the footer. The Home page is also quite busy. I believe it was a lot cleaner early on.

Emily Helwig

Anitra Elmore You are a mind reader - we're working on a cleaner header for the site right now! Stay on the lookout for that - you'll be able to access the forums right from the top of the home page.

Michael Quoc

Anitra Elmore We just launched a new header tonight, and you'll be happy to know your more prominent link to this forum is right there :)

susan

Emily hello again, I would like the ability to challenge / dispute invalidations on deals. I have had a deal invalidated for not working when I know for a fact it does work and has been double checked numerous times. There seems to be no way of disputing these unfair and anonymous invalidations.

Emily Helwig

susan Hi again Susan! It looks like the invalidations you're getting are coming from our site moderators - not other users. If you'd like to email me the link to the deal you're talking about, I can more precisely take a look at what may have caused them to invalidate it. Be sure to double check that all titles and prices are typed in correctly, and that the information is very accurate and up to date. Those are the main things that will cause deals to become invalidated.

susan

Emily Thanks Emily it doesnt look as if it is affecting my score , my points or stopping me from particapating , I am new here and still learning so will just keep trying :) , I am enjoying being a member and hope to keep contributing, if I have any future problems I am sure you will help, thanks again

Yes. I agree with being able to dispute invalidations.

Rifkhan

Emily Helwig It would be great to add a dispute button even if an invalidation comes from site moderators. They are human too and could miss some important info hidden somewhere in the store's website and with the dispute button/function dealspotters can alert the moderators to it with the exact link/picture evidence. At least that's what I think would be right.

It's funny because 1 invalidation with a very basic reason brings down the accuracy score immediately, the moment the invalidation is made, but an on fire/hot deal either doesn't raise the accuracy at all or takes ages to raise the accuracy score. Would be great to see a help/forum post explaining exactly what brings down or what raises the score and by how much, so it takes the ambuiguity out of this Dealspotr mystery :)

Alejandro Salazar

Emily i want to put more digit in the price box text went i put 1 thousand o more the decimal not work

Emily Helwig

Alejandro Salazar Hi, happy to help! This is a tricky one, because of the way the system works. When typing in any whole dollar amount before the "cents," don't try to type the comma. It just comes automatically by typing "1000." Then, once you want to add cents, type the "." and add cents. It should work that way! I've attached photos to explain what it should look like.

This one is hard to explain without showing you an example, so let me know if you can figure it out or need more info!

Kecia

Emily A browser extension would be great. So when we are surfing the net and find a deal, we can use the extension to quickly add it to Dealspotr.

Emily Helwig

Kecia That's a great idea that I know has been tossed around here in the office as well! Hopefully that will be something we can start to work on in the near future.

Ashley Drewes

Emily I'd love to have an "Ambassador Check List" Like a way to get a reminder for tasks needed to be completed as an amabassador.

Ibraim P.

Emily Helwig Definitely you guys need to consider bringing back the points when a deal goes on fire or hot. But, with a very strict rule, so we can feel rewarded, in some way. Idk if you guys are thinking on this or if you just take off the table this option, but I would really like to see this come back, cuz It was a cool way to encourage to all the members. Again, with a strict rule o some new function that allows to really earn those extra points in a fair way. :3

Quicker removal of expired codes. Sometimes I have to scroll down quite a bit to get past the codes that no longer work. If 2 or 3 people invalidate a code, it should be removed from sight.

Dick Leonardo

Emily Helwig I'd like to get paid for this post you folks contacted me for back in December with no mention of joining up to get payment. This is what you offered me...

I wanted to see if you'd be interested in doing a sponsored review of Dealspotr. I can offer you $100 for this review, if you can complete it by December 29. You'll also earn $2 for every reader who joins Dealspotr from your review - plus we'll promote your review on our social pages (we have 1MM monthly uniques).

http://www.bookroomreviews.com/dealspotr/
Emily Helwig

Dick Leonardo Hi! I just took a look, and it says that you submitted your article today. I've attached a screenshot for your records. It is a great article, however does not meet the requirements outlined in this blog post. If your article was submitted before, that may have been the reason it wasn't accepted - if so, I'm sorry we weren't clearer with you about that. If you were to update the article and re-submit, we'd be happy to review it again and get you upgraded to Gold Status with the promised rate that you were given. Hope this helps!

Dick Leonardo

Emily Helwig Ok I just recieved $40 for our review but again we were origanlly offered $100 by Summer Siguenza back on Dec 20. Now it's not the end of the world but you really should honor the promised rate...

I think that they should develop a mobile app in the future for those who want to work from our smart phone :)

Daniel Corzo

Emily Helwig What about a link in the page for contacting support directly? It could like a link in the bottom of the page that takes you to a form for contacting support, apart from having the forum.

Tiffany O

Emily Helwig I would like to see another option for expiration. Maybe like "while supplies last" (for freebies) I always click ongoing even though it is limited but not with a set end date. I feel like clicking ongoing is the only close option that I have. On the other hand, If I set a date people will miss out on deals.

Emily hello again, I would like the ability to challenge / dispute invalidations on deals. I have had a deal invalidated for not working when I know for a fact it does work and has been double checked numerous times. There seems to be no way of disputing these unfair and anonymous invalidations.

Emily Helwig Barbara Ritzman a way to edit your post. There have been times there was a typo I noticed after posting. I have been going back and saying invalid to edit, but as I am reading this, it looks like I can hurt myself doing this? If we make the post we should have the option to edit the offer. Currently what is the option to edit an offer we have posted ourselves that won't impact us in a negative way?

Daniel Corzo

Emily Helwig What about having at the top of the Dealspotr page a link for accesing your feed directly next to the other links (Deals, Stores, Dashboard, Forums, Blog)?.

Emily Helwig

Daniel Corzo you may be a mindreader - keep your eye out for big changes coming to your personal feed in the next few weeks! ;)

Daniel Corzo

Emily Helwig That sounds really great!

P.S.: Emily, I sent you a direct message, can you look at it?

Emily Helwig Old deal codes, but a completly new DIFFERENT offer. I've noticed that some companies use the same code for promos but it is a completly different offer. But I can't get credit for the offer as the option is to validate or correct the offer. Which neither are correct, as saying it was invalid does not apply as it was at the time it was posted. But now the offer is different.

Emily Helwig

Barbara Ritzman If you validate the deal, and select "this deal's information is incorrect..." you should be able to adjust the title of the deal to the new offer. Let me know if this isn't working for you!

Tiffany O

Emily Helwig Next to the expiration date, I would like to see an optional time zone checkbox with Eastern Time zone (EST/ET), Pacific time zone (PST/PT), Mountain Time (MT), etc.. Also some companies have random times a certian offer may expire like 7:00 am est. It would be nice to add the time an offer expires if the company has made it available.

Emily Helwig

Tiffany O What a good idea! I will pitch something with times/deals that end at a certain hour at our next meeting.

Lucius Hughes

Emily Helwig The Progress to Your Next Gift Card section seems at bit confusing at first, it's my first month but I'm still having troubles getting used to it.

A clearer way of representing it would be by turning the 24,450 to 4,450 and show the sum of 4,450+2,724 at the end of the yellow bar. It's kinda annoying having to open up the calculator everytime I want to know exactly how much points I have.

Also, this is more of a niche I have, but I'm currently using a spreadsheet to keep track of the amount of points I make daily and the average amount I make daily/monthly. Right now it's kinda hard to do it without having to type the amount of points I get everytime I post something because the amount reflected in "Today" doesn't seem to reset at the same time as the daily checklist, so it's not a reliable way of knowing how much did I make in the day.

At what moment/time does the "Today" points actually reset? If they could reset at the same time as the daily checklist it would be great.

I've been enjoying Dealspotr a lot, I see that you also interact a lot with the community so that's a big plus for me.

Have a nice day. :)

Emily Helwig

Lucius Hughes Hi Lucius, we will note this. As far as updating your points progess bar, try hard refreshing the page whenever you'd like to see your updated points. Hope this helps!

Tiffany O
Emily Helwig I just got a deduction for posting a printable coupon which counted as a duplicate because someone else posted the promo code. (https://dealspotr.com/deal/-ds-extra-15-off-select-apparel-shoes-accessories-fine-jz42) Some stores give out both a printable coupon and a promo code. This is the second time that it has happened to me. I would like to have the option of posting with both the printable coupon and the promo code in the same post. While the promo code has the option of uploading a screenshot, it does not count has a printable coupon and I like the position of where the printable coupon is placed as opposed to the side underneath the validations.
Emily Helwig

Tiffany O This is something that has been a problem for a while. It's on our list of features to enhance! I have adjusted your account to correct this error.

Michael Quoc

Emily Helwig Thanks for all the great suggestions here, keep the good ideas coming! We'll do our best to incorporate your feedback into future improvements to Dealspotr!

daniela

Emily Helwig send the reward in less time. And a guide where we can see how much points we need to rise the accuracy level.