1. Discussion Forum › 
  2. General Discussion
@pammyblogsbeauty

Getting ready to start packing for a week long trip with the family. Does anyone have airplane or packing/travel tips for traveling with kids? Or do you know any great sites with family travel tips?

@CouponDebtFree
Julia Young

Pam Schmitt Make sure you pack lots of snacks if you are going on a domestic flight. They charge way too much on the plane for snacks. Also, ask the flight attendant if the have any kids activity packs. Many international and domestic airlines have these for free for kids.

@pammyblogsbeauty
Pam Schmitt

Julia Young Thanks for the great tips! I haven't flown in ages and didnt know about the kids activity packs. That will be so helpful. Also, great idea too about packing the snacks. My kids are always hungry and the whole process at the airport is a lengthy one.

@mommyandlove

Pam Schmitt I'm also traveling soon for a week with my family (kids 3 & 5!). We have a long 12 hr drive, so we are loading the car with blankets, pillows, snacks, drinks, games, books, etc... We will probably play some "I Spy" type games with colors and numbers to keep them busy. Those I spy books would be great for a plane. Not sure on the sites... Good luck! I have yet to bring my kids on a plane.

@pammyblogsbeauty
Pam Schmitt

Monica K. Geglio Our kids are the same ages! :) It sure takes a lot to keep them busy, right? I think my biggest challenge with the travel might be my 3-year old as he just potty trained a couple weeks ago. Hoping for the best!!! Thanks for the tips. :)

@mommyandlove

Pam Schmitt Cool! :) I fully plan on having to stop to go to the bathroom every hour of our trip! I'd just plan on that even on a plane to mentally prepare myself for the hassle!!!