1. Discussion Forum › 
  2. General Discussion

CLOSED: Secret savings hack contest for April 14: Win a $25 Ulta Beauty gift card!

Attention all savings hackers! We're back again with another forum contest - this week for Ulta Beaty! What's your #1 inside hack for saving money at Ulta? What's one thing they offer that most people don't know about?

We already know you're experts at saving - just look at last weeks contest for Dollar Tree. How much can you possibly save on something that costs $1? The answer is, apparently, a lot! Just ask contest winner Tabitha - see her tip here.

This week, let's see who can come up with the most unique, helpful, and little-known savings hack for Ulta Beauty! Share your tip here in this thread by 12 p.m. PST, Thursday, April 13. Try to keep your hack to 100 words or fewer. Include any screenshots as needed. Limit one post per person.

We'll compile your contributions into a "top savings hacks" blog post & share on our social channels. See the post from last week here: https://dealspotr.com/article/dollar-tree-couponing-hacks

The influencer with the most unique, insightful, and helpful tip this week will win a $25 gift card to Ulta Beauty! Good luck everyone!

@giveawaylover

Emily Helwig Quadruple your coupon savings by combining manufacturers coupons, Ulta in-store coupons, Ibotta and Checkout51 rebates. Right now you can save $3.50 off any $15 purchase with this printable coupon I found on DealSpotr. Pair that Ulta coupon with manufacturers coupons and don't forget to submit your receipts for any qualifying products via the Ibotta and Checkout51 apps. To get started sign up for the Ultamate Rewards Program, which usually sends out a 20% off coupon to new registrants. You can get great deals on makeup, beauty tools, sunscreen, shampoo, hair care, etc!

Emily Helwig Ulta is constantly running “free product” promotions where you can receive a free product when you purchase a specific item or spend a specific amount. Some of these promotions include “get a free product sample with any purchase,” “get a free gift with any specific product/brand purchase” and “get a free gift when you spend a certain dollar amount.” You might not know that you can find these deals by searching the Ulta website for “gift with purchase.” In store you can also ask your cashier about deals before checking out. You will find a wide range of promotions to choose from. And it seems kind of crazy but if you return an item that included a free gift with purchase you actually get to keep the gift. I don’t know of any other stores that offer that.

Laura

Emily Helwig Be sure to register for their rewards program to get the latest coupons and earn rewards.

Emily Helwig This is my favorite way of saving...There are plenty of websites out there where you can purchase unused gift cards at a discount! For instance, https://www.giftcardgranny.com/buy-gift-cards/ulta/ has $100 Ulta gift card for $90. Then turn around and use the Ulta card at the store and combine that with a coupon or a sale item and you've saved even more!

Some things to keep in mind...

These cards can be used as:

Egift

eGift cards can be redeemed online only. They are sent to your email within 24 hours.

Voucher

Vouchers can be printed and redeemed in store. They are sent to your email account within 24 hours.

Tiffany O

Emily Helwig

Before you go into the store or before you purchase a product online at Ulta, make sure that your first stop is the savings and coupon page http://www.ulta.com/promotion/buy-more-save-more/. There are over 40+ discounts and BOGOs on items that you would have probably put off if you didn't know that they were on sale. For Ulta shoppers online and in store, if your total is over $15 you can use the Ulta beauty coupon http://www.ulta.com/ulta/global/ulta-coupon.jsp. The Ulta app advertises the same discounts and promos for those on the go.
Alex White

Emily Helwig

The #1 hack is a coupon floating around the internet that gives you $3.50 off your purchase of $15 or more. Not the best, but hey, it's basically free money.

Cole Martinez

Alex White I like this coupon but exclusions basically prevent you from using it on any name brand. Sigh.

Lindsay

Emily Helwig Ulta Beauty is constantly running BOGO promotions on entire brands through their "Buy More, Save More" program. If you go to the "Sale & Coupons" section on Ulta's website, you can view all of the brands that are currently running promotions. I keep lists of products I'm interested in and organize them by brand so when it goes on a "Buy One, Get One 50% Off" sale, I can save a huge amount on my order.

Emily Helwig Gosh, I am missing out on so many stores. We don't have an Ulta either but I have shopped there online, and I recommend you join their rewards program.

Emily Helwig My absolutely favorite Ulta Beauty Tip is to sign up for their birthday club. Which you can do here https://www.ulta.com/ulta/myaccount/learnmore_template.jsp?page=benefits. Once you're signed up you'll get an absolutely free cosmetic item on your birthday each year. And if you're a platinum member, you'll get two free items. Can't beat free!!! Plus for the entire month of your birthday, you earn 2X reward points for all purchases made in your birthday month. You can use reward points to redeem for even MORE free items!! :) And throughout the rest of the year, you still earn reward points for qualifying purchases, and it is free to join their rewards program. :)
Pam Schmitt

Emily Helwig I love Ulta's rewards program! I always go in when I get my rewards! Plus, they do offer a lot of GWP if you check the sales.

Emily Helwig I love ULTA! I've joined their rewards program & love all the BOGO deals. I don't shop there unless I can secure one of those deals.

Emily Helwig Thank you :) I loved reading about everyone's saving hacks. Ulta can be an expensive addiction at times haha.