1. Discussion Forum › 
  2. General Discussion

EXTENDED! Secret savings hack contest for April 7: Win a $25 Dollar Tree gift card!

Attention all savings hackers! We're back again with another forum contest - this week for Dollar Tree! What's your #1 inside hack for saving money at Dollar Tree? What's one tip for getting an even bigger discount that most people would never know?

As last weeks contest shows, you dealspotrs are experts at tech savings hacks. Paul Kappel took home the prize for the Best Buy contest - check out his winning tip here.

Let's see who can come up with the most unique, helpful, and little-known savings hack this week! Share your hack for Dollar Tree here in this thread by 8 a.m. PST, Friday, April 7. Try to keep your hack to 100 words or fewer. Include any screenshots as needed. Limit one post per person.

We'll compile your contributions into a "top savings hacks" blog post & share on our social channels. See the post from last week here: https://dealspotr.com/article/best-buy-couponing-hacks

The influencer with the most unique, insightful, and helpful tip this week will win a $25 gift card to Dollar Tree! Good luck everyone!

Emily Helwig A lot of people don't know that Dollar Tree accepts manufacturers coupons. That means you can save even more money off an already ridiculously low price. For the biggest bang for your buck use coupons on full sized products which typically include items like dishwashing liquid, hand soap and toothpaste. You can often buy products for just a few cents!

@giveawaylover

Emily Helwig When you buy in bulk online you can select free in-store pickup. This can come in handy for all sorts of items, especially party supplies. You can choose among specific colors and themes. You can also buy party favors in bulk. They have items for every type of theme imaginable; pool parties, graduation parties, beach parties, luaus, Easter celebrations and even weddings just to name a few. You can also buy regular supplies in bulk including items from the Bonus Buy section like toilet paper and cleaning supplies. Purchase these items and have them shipped to your store for free.

Ashley Drewes

Emily Helwig Remember that NOT everything at Dollar Tree is a deal. $1 sounds great, but some things really aren't worth it and you can find better deals elsewhere. Know your prices. For instance, bread is a great buy at $1 if you can catch the full loaf sizes (it always varies at my location). However, Paying $1 for travel sized items is actually a bit more expensive than paying 97¢ at Walmart. Not a huge difference, but when you're trying to make the most out of your money, paying attention the pricing and the quantity you are getting can make all the difference.

Ashley Drewes I always look at the size, ounces, etc. as while a $1 may sound like a deal, it may not be when you compare ounces.

@Gabrielly

Emily Helwig

You can buy in bulk online and get free shipping with in-store pickup

You can buy in bulk online and select the free ship-to-store option. When your order comes in, you simply go to the store and show your e-mail confirmation and ID  to a manager.

Alex White

Emily Helwig

Look online for Bonus Buys & Closeouts, found under the “Xtreme Values” tab.  Bonus Buy products come in larger sizes, still for just $1.  Some of the items in the Closeout section such as vases would be great for crafters.  Again, you will need to purchase by the case.

Dollar Tree does accept manufacture coupons! Pay careful attention to size restrictions and exclusions when using coupons at Dollar Tree, and keep a copy of the Dollar Tree Coupon Policy with you when shopping.  Major policy notes include:

– Limit of 2 printable coupons per transaction.  This isn’t “like” coupons.  This is all printable coupons.
– Coupons cannot be redeemed for more than the purchase price of the item.  Basically, Dollar Tree won’t give overage.
– No competitors coupons accepted.
– Does not accept Free Product coupons – does accept Buy 1, Get 1 Free coupons.
– Limit of 4 “Like” coupons per household per day.

Luis

Emily Helwig What lots of people do not know is that in many Dollar Tree stores there are usually a discounted corner. Here you can find 4 for $1 or cheaper they are discounted because many times they were opened by customers and no-one wants to buy them. If you cant find one just ask an employee they usually know where it is.

@Renald

To save ,wait for after the holiday to buy stuff at clearance prices. Emily Helwig

Tabitha

Emily Helwig You can absolutely use coupons at Dollar Tree (they do have a 2 printable coupon limit but you can use as many coupons clipped from the newspaper as you want). But even better is that cash back apps like Ibotta can be used there. My favorite to use at Dollar Tree is Mobisave which frequently has $.25 cash back on ANY bath tissue or $.15 cash back on ANY soap. etc (I've seen any brand canned goods, toothpaste, paper towels and more - tons of things you find at Dollar Tree!) So you can get cash back on whatever brand you happen to find at Dollar Tree. It makes those $1 items even cheaper!

Kecia

Emily Helwig The only tip I knew was that Dollar Tree accepts manufacturer coupons. I didn't know about the discounted corner!!

Emile

Emily Helwig Some Dollar Tree's carry the local paper for a discounted price. This way you can even save on those coupons (in the newspaper) that we look for everytime! Also Dollar Tree has the tendency to carry major brands sometimes, especially in terms of bread. Get all those brands and freeze them to cut out your monthly bill of bread. And again, if you have any cash back apps like, "Ibotta or Mobisave", USE them!! I've saved so much money just by using the apps in store and getting cash back for things I buy. :) Implementing all these hacks, I've saved around $30+!

Emily Helwig

Tabitha Nope! We should be sending your gift card out early next week! :)