1. Discussion Forum > 
  2. General Discussion
@jimmyd

Site-wide codes guidelines and penalties

Hi Dealspotrs! We’ve noticed a growing trend of users incorrectly applying the Site-wide label and wanted to help users properly use it.

Site-wide codes are those that can be used on most of the products on a brand’s site. We understand that there will often be exclusions and that is okay. The code should work on a wide-variety of products on their site in order to be classified as Site-wide.

When to not use the Site-wide label:

• Codes that are for a specific product or set of products
  • Codes that apply to a specific category
  • Codes that apply only to sale items

What should you do to check if it’s Site-wide?

• If you have a code that you think is Site-wide, simply try adding different products to the cart and applying the code.
  • The source of the code can lend additional insight about whether the code is for the entire site or just specific products

Penalties: Site-wide codes earn you more points because these types of codes are very valuable to the Dealspotr community. This means that the accuracy of the Site-wide label is very important to Dealspotr shoppers. Moving forward, we will be applying increased penalties when the Site-wide label is incorrectly applied.

@luiscarlos
luis perez

Jimmy Doheny HELLO JIMMY TODAY I APPRECIATE THIS CORRECTION ACCORDING TO THE SCREEN CAPTURE I WOULD LIKE TO SPECIFY THAT I WAS BAD SINCE MY PRECISION SCORE WAS AFFECTED