1. Discussion Forum › 
  2. Contests & Promotions

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..." Share your #1 savings hack for Staples here & you could win a $25 gift card towards new office supplies.

Hey everyone! This week, our savings hack contest brings us into the office with a trip to Staples.

What's your most-unique hack for saving money at Staples? What's one couponing hack that most people don't know about?

Share your tip here in this thread by 12 p.m. PST on Friday, June 30. Try to keep your hack to 100 words or fewer, and no repeats! Include any screenshots as needed. Limit one post per person.

We'll compile the best contributions into a "top savings hacks" blog post & share on our social channels. The influencer with the most unique, insightful, and helpful tip this week will win a $25 gift card to Staples. Good luck everyone!

Laura
Emily Helwig Always check this page before making a purchase: http://www.staples.com/coupons . They have a whole list of coupons for in store and online.
Emily Helwig Take advantage of rebates. Staples sometimes has some really compelling rebates offers, and their rebates system (rebate.staples.com) is very easy to use. You can submit and track your rebates there.
Rena Gardana

Emily Helwig Join the Staples loyalty program, Staples Rewards and earn up to 5% back in points toward future purchases, $2 back on recycled ink cartridges and free shipping on orders over $14.99. Teachers can also earn 10% back on school and art supplies.

Julia Young

Emily Helwig Make sure you shop the back-to-school sales. You can get a ton of school supplies (and office supplies) for pennies. The sales usually start at the end of June and run through the end of August.

Randi Sampson

Emily Helwig I'll be watching this one too! I've never shopped at Staples, but would love to learn the tricks ;)

Emily Helwig Take advantage of the Staples 110% Price Match Guarantee! Staples will guarantee their competitor prices + give you an extra 10% off that price. If you find a currently available lower price on a new, identical item, show Staples the lower price and they will match it plus discount it by 10% of the difference. This even covers products sold by Amazon! This works amazingly well for back to school shopping. Head to one store with the other flyers in hand and buy everything for less than you can find anywhere else!

Also starting July 1st all Staples Rewards members receive free next-day delivery and best of all it doesn't cost anything to sign up!

Tabitha

Emily Helwig Start watching in June for back to school sales. Shop all the lowest price deals every week - they have 10 cent notebooks, 25 cent crayons or packs of glue sticks. I always by the max allowed amout of all the lowest price things. Sometimes you have to make a $5 purchase to get the really cheap stuff. So I'll look for things I need that are on sale in the $1-$2 range to get my $5 miniumum purchase.

Back to school sales usually run through the end of September. So if you stop in most weeks for the best of the best deals, you'll have a nice school supply stockpile when it's over with!

Lisa Martin

Emily Helwig Okay so this is a kinda hack. Around back to school time, I watch for the rebates. Then I buy cases of paper and donate them to my kids school. Paper is cheaper at that time and the school needs the paper and appreciated it.

Emily Helwig Be sure to check out their weekly ad posted on their website. Also, download their phone app.

Emily Helwig Get Staples to price match Amazon on ink and toner. This saves me over $100 each time. And then I earn Staples Rewards, too. Something I wouldn't get, if I just bought my ink from Amazon.