1. Discussion Forum > 
  2. Influencer Talk
@emily_

Tips for pitching yourself to a brand/merchant?

If you've applied to any campaigns in our Marketplace (or if you've ever reached out to any brand, for that matter) you know that a friendly, personalized message can only help your chances for collaboration.

Does any influencer have a tip on what to write when you get to that "Send message to the merchant" box during your sponsored campaign application?

@SashaMarie

Emily Helwig I usually treat the "Send message to merchant" box like a cover letter. I introduce myself, give them a brief history of my work and strenghts, and then thank them for their time and consideration.

@emily_
Emily Helwig

Sasha Johnson That's great advice! In my opinion, it's the brand's first direct interaction with you, so you have to put your best foot forward. Thanks for chiming in!

@ortiz1988c

Emily Helwig I don't have any tips but I have a question's on how can I join a campaign? is it free of charge or i have to paid for the product? steps to steps and info can help me understand more. thank you..

@emily_
Emily Helwig

caroline ortiz Hi Caroline! It's completely free to join a campaign, all you have to do is apply. Once approved by a brand, you'll be sent a free product (if the campaign is offering one). Once the product is received, you can start on your blog post or video. If there's no free product being offered with the campaign, you can start on the post or video right away. Everything is managed/tracked right through your My Campaigns Dashboard.

To start applying, you can browse campaigns here: https://dealspotr.com/campaigns
@BestofCyndi

Emily Helwig This is a great answer which leads me to a question. What happens after it's in the dashboard? How does the Influencer update the dashboard after receiving the product?

@BestofCyndi

Emily Helwig Hi Emily! You're the best! I really appreciate your quick responses. I received the updates on my dashboard and have submitted all for review. Thanks Again!

@ortiz1988c

Emily Helwig thank you on this info and thanks cyndi stallworth for a question that can help me :)

Shop by category